Transfer of Registration & Service Form
Sometimes our furry friends find themselves with new families. If your pet has a 24PetWatch® microchip that is registered to his or her previous registrant, please fill out the Transfer of Registration & Service Form to ensure the correct person is notified if your pet goes missing and is subsequently found.
Click here to read our Microchip Service Policy.
In order to complete your pet's transfer of registration, you can call us or submit one of the following documents:
- The previous registrant's signature on the downloaded transfer of registrant and service form.
- A bill of sale from the previous registrant to you that includes the microchip number.
- A letter from a licensed veterinarian on their letterhead, stating that you are the new registrant. The letter must include the microchip number of your pet.
- A city/county pet license in conjunction with vaccination records (including microchip number).
Veterinary bills are not accepted.
Shelters or rescues may send a transfer of registration request provided they do so on their letterhead.
$21.95 may apply to the transfer of registration of your pet unless you adopted from a shelter or rescue that is exempt.
The cost to transfer registration will be waived under the following circumstances:
- If you adopted from a shelter or rescue and can provide a copy of the adoption contract/agreement in your name.
- If the previous registrant is deceased and you can provide either a death certificate or obituary notice.
You can submit your paperwork by email or mail. Please note, the method of submission you choose will impact the time it takes to complete the transfer of registration. On average, an emailed form will take approximately 10 days to complete and a mailed form can take up to 30 days depending on when we receive it.
Please email or mail your paperwork to:
Please include the microchip number in the subject line of your email.
Mail: 710 Dorval Drive, Suite 400 Oakville, ON L6K 3V7