2017 : Volume 4
Sunday Football Treats
Score a touchdown with these delicious vegan doggie treats. Sharing these at your pup-friendly tailgate party will have tails wagging.
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Refrigeration Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 ½ cups Oat flour
- 2 ripe Bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup Coconut oil (in solid form)
- ½ cup Carob chips
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
Step by Step Directions:
- Combine mashed bananas and coconut oil and mix until smooth.
- Pour half of the flour into banana and coconut oil mixture. Mix until evenly combined. Add the remaining flour and mix again until combined.
- Roll the dough into a ball, cover and chill for 20 mins. This will harden the dough so that it will be easier to roll out.
- Remove the dough from the fridge. On a clean flat surface, sprinkle some flour to prevent the dough from sticking. Roll the dough out to ⅓ to ½ inch thickness. Sprinkle more flour as required.
- Cut out cookies with the football cookie cutter.
- Transfer cookies to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 35-40 mins.
- Remove and let cool.
- Melt icing ingredients in a bowl for 30 seconds. Add 10 second increments as required, but be careful not to overheat or carob chips will solidify and you’ll need to start again.
- Add melted chips to a piping bag and choose a thin tip and draw lines.
- Note: If you don’t have a piping bag, you can easily use a Ziploc bag and cut a small tip on the corner to use as the tip.
- Share with your pups! For storage, keep in an air tight container.