The perfect blend of function and fashion. This DIY Treat Jar comes together so easily and can also be the perfect gift for the pet lover in your life.
- Jar with lid - You can use a mason jar (flat lids work best), even old pasta sauce or condiment jars. The size would depend on what kind of treats you plan to put inside.
- 1 Can of Spray Paint (Any Color)
- Glue (SuperGlue/Gorilla Glue works best)
- Dog/Cat figurine(s) that are proportionate to the lid you are working with (we found ours at Michael's)
- Your pet's favorite TREATS to fill your jar with!
Apply glue to the feet of your figurine and firmly attach to your lid/lid disk (if using a mason jar). Set aside and allow it to dry.
In a well ventilated area (outdoors is best!), coat the outside of the lid with spray paint, following the same procedures of thin, even coats until you are pleased with the result. Allow to dry for several hours afterward, overnight is recommended.
The fun part! Fill with treats and proudly display your new creation!