2017 : Volume 3
No-Bake Nutty Pumpkin Pup'ems Recipe
A super easy seasonal treat for your special friend.
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Refrigeration Time: 1 Hour
* If you use commercial peanut butter, check for the ingredient Xylitol – which is NOT doggie friendly! Almond or peanut butter are fine in limited amounts for most dogs, but always be allergy aware when you feed your pet.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup smooth natural nut butter*
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups old fashioned oats, separated into 1 cup portions
Step by Step Directions:
- Using a spatula or electric mixer, blend pumpkin puree, nut butter and water until well combined. Gradually add 2 1/2 cups of the oats so they are just mixed in.
- Roll the mixture into one-inch balls and dredge through the remaindered oats to coat the surface of the treats.
- Place finished Pup’ems in baking pan or on cookie sheet, cover and refrigerate until firm, about one hour. They will keep for one week in the fridge.