Our pets may not understand why we’re spending more time at home lately, but they’reprobably enjoying the extra attention nonetheless. If you’re looking for activities to fill your time, we’ve got 5 ideas to help bust your boredom:
- Go for a walk – spring has sprung, so take advantage of the warmer weather and get outside. The fresh air will do you both good, especially if you’ve been working from home for some time. Be sure to keep a safe distance if you see other people (and pets) out and about.
- Pamper your pet – give your pet’s coat a good brush and take the time to check their ears, nails and teeth. Is brushing your pet’s teeth something you always mean to do, but never get around to? Now is the perfect time to start a new healthy habit.
- Make sure your microchip is up to date – this is one of those things that always seems to slip our mind. If you’ve moved, changed your name or gotten a new phone number, now is a good time to make sure your information is correct. Visit your mypethealth.com account to check your information and ensure it is up-to-date!
- Challenge your pet with a food puzzle – with so many slow feeders and puzzles to choose from, the possibilities are endless when it comes to putting your pet’s mind to the test. If you don’t have a puzzle on hand, try out this DIY puzzle with supplies you probably have at home.
- When all else fails, take a nap – if you’re always on the go, take a page out of your pet’s book and catch up on your rest & relaxation. Cozy up with your pet to read a good book, watch your favourite movie or have an afternoon nap.
Have other ideas to share? Share your tips with us by posting a picture of your pet on social media and tag @24PetWatch. We hope that you stay safe, happy and healthy.