Pet recovery tips
The key to being a good pet owner is making sure you’re always prepared. 24PetWatch®’s number-one priority is the well-being of your furry companion—and that includes organizing a quick reunion with your pet if he or she ever happens to go missing.
Here’s how you can help make our job easier—and be reunited with your four-legged friend sooner:
- Keep your personal and contact information up to date with 24PetWatch® at mypethealth.com.
- Always keep a collar on your pet and be sure your 24PetWatch® collar identification tag is securely attached.
- If your pet is lost, report it immediately—either online at mypethealth.com or with one of our live agents available via telephone for those with our enhanced membership services - so we can enter the report into our database and get the recovery process started.
Suggestions to assist in getting your pet home safely:
- Call your local shelters and rescues (Humane Society, SPCAs etc.) to see if your pet is there.
- Put out a bed, litter box, blanket or toys with a familiar scent that the pet might be attracted to and find their way home.
- Do not put food out as it could attract other animals which may prevent your lost pet from returning home.
- Let your closest neighbors know that your pet is missing so they can keep an eye out for him/her and let you know if they see him/her.