Sunday football treat recipe for your pup
- Sunday football treats for your furry MVPs
Prep time: 10 minutes
Refrigeration time: 40 minutes
- 1 ½ cups oat flour
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup coconut oil (in solid form)
- ½ cup carob chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
Step by step directions:
- Combine mashed bananas and coconut oil and mix until smooth.
- Pour half of the flour into banana and coconut oil mixture. Mix until evenly combined. Add the remaining flour and mix again until combined.
- Roll the dough into a ball, cover, and chill for 20 minutes. This will harden the dough so that it will be easier to roll out.
- Remove the dough from the fridge. On a clean flat surface, sprinkle some flour to prevent the dough from sticking. Roll the dough out to ⅓ to ½ inch thickness. Sprinkle more flour as required.
- Cut out cookies with the football cookie cutter.
- Transfer cookies to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 35-40 mins.
- Remove and let cool.
- Melt icing ingredients in a bowl for 30 seconds. Add 10 second increments as required but be careful not to overheat or carob chips will solidify, and you’ll need to start again.
- Add melted chips to a piping bag and choose a thin tip and draw lines. Note: If you don’t have a piping bag, you can easily use a Ziploc bag and cut a small tip on the corner to use as the tip.
For any leftovers, store in an airtight container.
Looking for added care and support for your pet? Our Lifetime Protection Membership offers 24/7 access to a vet helpline, discounts on dog walking and pet sitting services, as well as lost pet specialists who are available 365 days a year. So don't wait - purchase your Lifetime Protection Membership today.
If you loved reading this article, here are some others you may enjoy: