No-bake nutty pumpkin pup'ems recipe
Prep ime: 10 Minutes / Refrigeration Time: 1 Hour
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup smooth natural nut butter*
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups old fashioned oats, separated into 1 cup portions
* If you use commercial peanut butter, check for the ingredient Xylitol – which is NOT doggie friendly! Almond or peanut butter are fine in limited amounts for most dogs, but always be allergy aware when you feed your pet.
Step by Step Directions:
- Using a spatula or electric mixer, blend pumpkin puree, nut butter and water until well combined. Gradually add 2 1/2 cups of the oats so they are just mixed in.
- Roll the mixture into one-inch balls and dredge through the remaindered oats to coat the surface of the treats.
- Place finished Pup’ems in baking pan or on cookie sheet, cover and refrigerate until firm, about one hour. Then give one to your pup to enjoy!
If you pack them up in a resealable container and they will keep for one week in the fridge.
Looking for added care and support for your pet? Our Lifetime Protection Membership offers 24/7 access to a vet helpline, discounts on dog walking and pet sitting services, as well as lost pet specialists who are available 365 days a year. So don't wait - purchase your Lifetime Protection Membership today.
If you loved reading this article, here are some others you may enjoy:
- Healthy fall foods for pets
- Dog friendly donut recipe
- Healthy, tasty or both? Expert tips for choosing the best pet treats
- How to choose the right dog food for your pup
- Dog allergies – everything you need to know