Doggie Donuts Recipe
You see them eyeing up your delicious treat – now they can have one of their own!
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Bake Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cup of Chicken Broth (preferably sodium free)
- 1/4 cup of Old Fashioned Oats
- 3 Tsps Non Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- Two drops of honey
- Small treats to decorate with your pet’s favorite treat (like the bacon flavored treats pictured) or 1-2 tsps. of pet-friendly Juice to naturally color your icing (like Beet or Blueberry)
Step by Step Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 400˚ F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- Whisk the egg in a large mixing bowl, add the flour, broth, and oats to the egg mixture. Mix to combine ingredients well, then place on a well-floured surface and roll out to your desired thickness, we suggest ½ inch. With a circular or donut cutter cut out your shapes and place on the baking sheet. Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes until bottoms start to brown slightly.
- While your donuts are cooling, mix together your Greek yogurt, juice (optional) and a few drops of honey to thicken it up. Wait until donuts are completely cool and decorate with icing and small treats (like the bacon flavored treats pictured).
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.