Dog friendly donut recipe
- Dog friendly donut recipe
Why should you get all the delicious treats, time to let your dog join in the fun! Here’s an easy dog friendly recipe for your best friend.
Prep time: 10 Minutes | Bake Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cup of Chicken Broth (preferably sodium free)
- 1/4 cup of Old-Fashioned Oats
- 3 Tsps Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- Two drops of honey
- Small treats to decorate with your pet’s favorite treat (like bacon flavored treats) or 1-2 tsps. of pet-friendly Juice to naturally color your icing (like Beet or Blueberry)
Step by Step Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 400˚ F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- Whisk the egg in a large mixing bowl, add the flour, broth, and oats to the egg mixture. Mix to combine ingredients well, then place on a well-floured surface and roll out to your desired thickness, we suggest ½ inch.
- With a circular or donut cutter cut out your shapes and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes until the bottoms start to brown slightly.
- While your donuts are cooling, mix together your Greek yogurt, juice (optional) and a few drops of honey to thicken it up. Wait until donuts are completely cool and decorate with icing and small treats (like the bacon flavored treats).
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like:
- Blackberry Biscuit Recipe
- Apple Pretzel Recipe
- Piña Colada Frozen Recipe for Dogs
- Bark Bitez Recipe
- Sweet Potato Muffin Recipe
At 24Petwatch, we help families keep their pets happy, healthy, and home. Remember you can easily register your pet’s microchip on our Customer Portal. For added care and support for the life of your pet, including 24/7 access to a Vet Helpline, discount on dog walking and pet sitting services, and Lost Pet Recovery Specialists who are available 24/7/365, purchase a Pet Protection Membership today.