Bite-sized pumpkin cheesecakes for your furry friend!
- DIY pet-friendly pumpkin cheesecake recipe
Is pumpkin spice, too much of a good thing? Not when it comes to your pets! Natural canned pumpkin (not the pie filling) has many benefits for dogs and cats and is a great source of fiber for your furry friend. Below, we're sharing a mouthwatering DIY pet-friendly pumpkin cheesecake recipe that combines the flavors of fall with a canine-friendly twist. Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or simply want to pamper your four-legged companion, this simple treat is a Fall fan favorite for any dog…or cat!
Ingredients and Materials Needed:
- Mini muffin tin
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup kibble or treats (your pet’s regular kibble or cookie treats will do)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp natural pumpkin
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- Sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Crush or grind kibble or cookies to a fine texture.
- Mix crushed kibble with coconut oil and honey.
- Place small amount in muffin tin and press mixture down for a solid cookie base.
- Combine eggs, pumpkin, and yogurt. Mix well.
- Pour egg, pumpkin, and yogurt mixture into mini cups and place in oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let cool.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon or place a dollop of pumpkin on top (optional).
- Store in airtight containers in the fridge or freezer.