Bark Bitez Recipe
A yummy treat you’ll BOTH feel good about!
Prep time: 5-10 Minutes Bake Time: 40-60 Minutes
Makes approximately 40 cookies:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats, regular or quick
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter, crunchy or plain*
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon cold water, enough to make a slightly sticky dough
*Make sure you check your peanut butter for the ingredient Xylitol – which is NOT doggie friendly!
- Preheat the oven to 300°F
- Mix together the flour, oats, parsley, dried milk, and salt. Add the eggs and peanut butter and stir to combine. Add water to get the dough to a consistency that you can roll to ¼” thick. Use your cookie cutter to make fun treat shapes! Be sure to line your pans with parchment paper!
- Bake for 40-60 minutes until cookies are golden brown.