Red Velvet Pupcakes
Surprise your pup with a special cake just for them!
Birthdays, Adopt-iversaries, completing obedience school – there are lots of reasons for you and your dog to celebrate. Take things up a notch with a special cake just for them! This recipe makes 6 individual pupcakes- so freeze the extras or throw a party with your pup’s best pals.
Prep time: 10 Minutes Bake Time: 30 Minutes
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese (for frosting)
- 1 cup of applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup canola or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup beet puree/juice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, applesauce, and beet puree or fresh beet juice, in a separate bowl sift the flour and baking powder together. Incorporate the flour mixture into the wet mixture and stir until just combined.
- Spoon batter into cupcake cups to three-quarters full and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from the pan and cool on a rack.
- In a food processor, puree cottage cheese until smooth, about 30 seconds. Keep frosting refrigerated until cupcakes are completely cool. Frost and serve!