Red velvet pupcake recipe
Are you looking for a special treat to spoil your four-legged friend? Look no further than our delightful Red Velvet Pupcakes recipe. These adorable and delicious pupcakes are the perfect way to celebrate any occasion or simply show your furry companion some extra love. Made with dog-friendly ingredients and a touch of indulgence, these treats will have your pup's tail wagging with delight.
Prep time: 10 Minutes / Bake Time: 30 Minutes
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese (for frosting)
- 1 cup of applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup canola or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup beet puree/juice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, applesauce, and beet puree or fresh beet juice, in a separate bowl sift the flour and baking powder together. Incorporate the flour mixture into the wet mixture and stir until just combined.
- Spoon batter into cupcake cups to three-quarters full and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from the pan and cool on a rack.
- In a food processor, puree cottage cheese until smooth, about 30 seconds. Keep frosting refrigerated until cupcakes are completely cool. Frost and serve!
Note - This recipe makes 6 individual pupcakes - so freeze the extras or throw a party with your pup’s best pals.
Looking for added care and support for your pet? Our Lifetime Protection Membership offers 24/7 access to a vet helpline, discounts on dog walking and pet sitting services, as well as lost pet specialists who are available 365 days a year. So don't wait - purchase your Lifetime Protection Membership today.
If you loved reading this article, here are some others you may enjoy:
- Dog friendly donut recipe
- How to choose the right dog food for your pup
- Bark bitez recipe
- Dog allergies – everything you need to know
- Handy tips for pet treats