No-Bake Nutty Pumpkin Pup'ems Recipe
A super easy seasonal treat for your special friend.
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Refrigeration Time: 1 Hour
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup smooth natural nut butter*
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups old fashioned oats, separated into 1 cup portions
* If you use commercial peanut butter, check for the ingredient Xylitol – which is NOT doggie friendly! Almond or peanut butter are fine in limited amounts for most dogs, but always be allergy aware when you feed your pet.
Step by Step Directions:
- Using a spatula or electric mixer, blend pumpkin puree, nut butter and water until well combined. Gradually add 2 1/2 cups of the oats so they are just mixed in.
- Roll the mixture into one-inch balls and dredge through the remaindered oats to coat the surface of the treats.
- Place finished Pup’ems in baking pan or on cookie sheet, cover and refrigerate until firm, about one hour. They will keep for one week in the fridge.