Pawsome date night: Spoil your dog or cat to a fancy pet-friendly meal
Pampering your dog or cat to a fancy meal every now and then can be a delightful experience for both you and your pet. Fancy meals don’t have to be super time-consuming or difficult either. Try this easy-to-make 30-minute recipe that can be enjoyed by both dogs and cats. Enhance the evening with a fancy water bowl and your finest pet-friendly dishware to serve this decadent meal in style. We promise there won’t be a single crumb left behind and you’ll have their heart forever!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb liver (approx. 4 pieces) or 1 can of salmon (save the juice)
- 2 whole eggs (shells included - yes! shells are good for animals)
- 1 1/2 cups of flour (we used oat flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder (aluminum free)
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and puree into a ‘batter’. Use water or chicken stock to thin the mixture to a cake batter consistency.
- Pour into a greased 8”x 8” pan or line with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Bake for 14-20 minutes, based on your oven. The cake should rise nicely.
- Stick a toothpick in and if it comes out clean, it’s ready!