US Pet Ownership Transfers
If you have a pet that has a 24PetWatch microchip and you require a transfer of ownership please complete the ownership transfer form. Please select your pet's species: CAT, DOG.
In order to complete the transfer we need you to provide proof of ownership. You must provide one of the following documents:
- The previous owner's signature on the downloaded ownership transfer form. Please select your pet's species: CAT, DOG.
- A bill of sale from the previous owner to you that includes the microchip number
- A letter from a licensed veterinarian on their letterhead, stating that you are the owner of the animal. The letter must include the microchip number of your pet
We will not accept rabies vaccination forms or vet bills as proof of ownership. A fee of $18.95 US will be charged to change ownership of a pet. You may include your credit card information on the form or send us a check by mail.
The ownership transfer fee is waived only under the following circumstances.
- If you adopted from a shelter or rescue and can provide a copy of the adoption contract/agreement in your name
- If the previous owner is deceased and you can provide either a death certificate or obituary notice
Shelters or rescues may send ownership transfer requests provided they do so on their letterhead.
Submitting your paperwork may be done by email or mail. The method of submission directly impacts the time it takes to transfer the ownership. On average, complete emailed transfer forms, take about a week to process; mailed forms can take up to one month.
Please email or mail your paperwork to:
Mail: P.O. Box 2150 Buffalo, NY 14240-2150
Please include the microchip number in the subject line of your email.